Upcoming and Ongoing
• Zae is the Resident Composer for the Saint Mary's College Summer Composition Intensive, July 7-18, 2014. Planning for the 2015 session has begun.
• A Parma CD featuring Timothy McAllister playing all Zae's chamber works that include saxophone is in progress. All 7 pieces have now been recorded, and an early 2015 release is likely.
Musicians contributing their talents include: Kim Burja, George Sakakeeny, Sandra Jackson, David Jackson, Jill Heyboer, Tracy Satterfield, Lucia Unrau, Henry Skolnick,
Daniel Vega-Albela, Jeff Siegfried, Chet Baughman, Tom Snydacker, and David Murray.
• Flowers, a new 20-minute work for La Catrina String Quartet is now finished. It has 3 movements:
I. Flowers, where have they gone?
II. Pressed flowers
III. Flowers from the fray
• Now in progress: a new work for the Akron New Music Ensemble!
• Trio for flutist Jill Heyboer, mezzo-soprano, and trombone.
• Piece for Kim Burja and her middle school concert band.
• A new harp piece for Charles Lynch; may include other instruments...
• JOMAR Press has published Zae's Cascade, and Music: A Love Story, as well as a new version of Disclosure. Still to come is the publication of The Old Songs.
• From the opera Night of Blue Magic:
Opening scene of this 14-minute opera
• From the opera Witness:
Act 1 Sc 2 The Church
(the congregation is led astray)
• Nature's Chopsticks
for large flex ensemble
• Grandma's Alleluia
for womens' choir