Upcoming and Ongoing
• Zae is the Resident Composer for the Saint Mary's College Summer Composition Intensive, July 7-18, 2014.
• A Parma CD featuring Timothy McAllister playing all Zae's chamber works that include saxophone is in progress. Six of the seven pieces have been recorded, with a likely completion date in February 2014.
Musicians contributing their talents include: Kim Burja, George Sakakeeny, Sandra Jackson, David Jackson, Jill Heyboer, Tracy Satterfield, Lucia Unrau, Henry Skolnick,
Daniel Vega-Albela, Jeff Siegfried, Chet Baughman, Tom Snydacker, and David Murray.
New compositions in the works...
• Flowers, where have they gone: a 15-20 minute piece for string quartet for La Catrina, is currently in progress.
• A new work for the Akron New Music Ensemble!
• Trio for flutist Jill Heyboer, mezzo-soprano, and trombone.
• Piece for Kim Burja and her middle school concert band.
• A new harp piece for Charles Lynch; may include other instruments...
• JOMAR Press has published Zae's Cascade, and Music: A Love Story, as well as a new version of Disclosure. Still to come is the publication of The Old Songs.
• From the opera Night of Blue Magic:
Opening scene of this 14-minute opera
• From the opera Witness:
Act 1 Sc 2 The Church
(the congregation is led astray)
• Nature's Chopsticks
for large flex ensemble
• Grandma's Alleluia
for womens' choir