• Recording begins on March 15 for a Parma CD featuring Timothy McAllister playing all Zae's chamber works that include saxophone.
Musicians contributing their talents include: Kim Burja, George Sakakeeny, Sandra Jackson, David Jackson, Jill Heyboer, Tracy Satterfield, Lucia Unrau, Henry Skolnick,
Daniel Vega-Albela, Patrick Murphy, Jessica Maxfield, and Tom Snydacker.
• Zae is the Resident Composer for the Saint Mary's College Summer Composition Intensive, July 8-19, 2013.
New Compositions, New Publications
• Loose Ends is Zae's first piece of 2013. It features 4 roto-toms in consort with flute,
trombone, violin, and cello.
• Always a New Now is the title of Zae's new trio for flexible instrumentation, completed in summer 2012.
• Garavaglia Dances, for cello and piano, was completed in summer 2012 and was written for cellist Emily Munn-Wood.
• JOMAR Music will be publishing 3 works by Zae that include the saxophone: Cascade, Music: A Love Story, and The Old Songs.
• From the opera Night of Blue Magic:
Opening scene of this 14-minute opera
• From the opera Witness:
Act 1 Sc 2 The Church
(the congregation is led astray)
• Nature's Chopsticks
for large flex ensemble
• Grandma's Alleluia
for womens' choir